Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Why I started this blog?

So I decided to start a blog where I could record for my children, my family and my friends the tender mercies which the Lord has extended and continues to extend to me everyday. I want my children to know how loved they are!! How cherished they are!! How much their Father in Heaven loves them!!  How much each and every one of us are loved!! I did not know that I was loved that much! That we as children of God are LOVED THAT MUCH!! 


The prophet Lehi in the Book of Mormon spoke of a pure, white fruit. This fruit was desirable to make one happy. He went forth and partook of the fruit, and it was sweet, above all that he had ever before tasted. This fruit filled his soul with exceedingly great joy. This pure, white fruit is a representation of the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; it is most desirable above ALL things. And then he wanted to share this fruit with his family.


Like Lehi, I have had a small sample of that fruit. It is so glorious. So delicious. So amazing. So precious. So desirable! I want my children, my family and friends, ward members, community and co-workers to know for themselves how sweet and precious this fruit is. I want them to taste of it with their whole heart and soul and be filled with joy. I want them to know this fruit truly is the most desirable thing in the world. To know that I would do anything, become anyone, give away every sin, weakness, habit and addiction to feel eternally of that which I had a foretaste of. 




1 comment:

  1. May God continue to bless and support you always. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete