Wednesday, May 2, 2012

So many miracles

So many miracles have happened in my life. I want to record them as evidence to everyone of the love of God. Perhaps by the miracles that I share, someone else will notice the miracles in their own life that happen on a daily basis.


Due to my move across the country and all the car repairs that I have had over the last two weeks. I had only $16.00 left in my account, the gas light was on and I still had many foster/adoption meetings to attend,  my eight-year old did not have anything to drink with his lunch, and I had a $25.00 car repair the next day. It would be five days until I would receive my next check. I was a little stressed but I had paid my tithing and I knew Heavenly Father would take care of me.


After work, I picked up my children from Grandma Jestes's house and went home. My children of course were asking to go get treats and do activities. I gently reminded them that our bank account was empty except for a few dollars for emergencies.


As we got out of the car at our home, Josiah, my four-year old, ran to get the mail. As he pulled it out many ads fell out and a  letter from Indiana government. Ugg, I thought. More bills from the court. I got everyone herded into the house, put in pajamas, teeth brushed, scriptures read, Harry Potter read, lullabies sung and finally everyone tucked safe and soundly into bed.


I then turned to the stack of mail on my counter. It is always exhausting to go through the mail especially junk mail. I pressed forward with my task. Ads. Bills. Credit card applications. More ads. Grocery store fliers. More Ads. Finally I got to the last one in my stack. The one from Indiana.


I followed the creases on the sides and then across the top, ripping away the sealed portions as I went. I was shocked and stunned to find my first ever child support check. It wasn't much but I was so happy. I felt the spirit of the Lord swell within my heart. This truly was a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father who was watching out for me and my children. Thank you dear Father for another tender mercy. Thank you for your loving and guiding hand.


I am truly encircled about eternally in the arms of His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment