Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dream by Melvin J. Ballard

I am so grateful for a kind, loving Heavenly Father who allows us to be led and guided by modern prophets and apostles. One of these apostles was privileged for a brief moment to dream of being in the presense of deity and recounts:

"If I shall love to be a million years old, I shall never forget that smile. He [the Savior] took me into his arms and kissed me, pressed me to his bosom, and blessed me, until the marrow of my bones seemed to melt! . . . The feeling that I had in the presence of him who hath all things in his hands, to have his love, his affection, and his blessing was such that if I ever can receive that of which I had but a foretaste, I would give all that I am, all that I ever hope to be, to feel what I felt then."

Can you imagine what that kind of love would feel like? To be eternally encircled in the arms of his love. To feel the love so deeply that it causes the very marrow of your bones to melt. This description is incredible. The spirit burns within my heart every time I read Elder Ballard's word. I want more deeply than anything else in the world to feel this love. To have my children feel this love. To have my family, my parents, brothers and sisters to feel this love. To have every person I know or have come into contact feel the love of our Savior and Father in Heaven.

Did you know that you are loved that much? That we are loved that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment