I stand all amazed at how loved we are. How deeply and intimately our Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. The little stresses and trials in our daily life He cares about.
My Toyota Sequoia has not been acting like a Toyota. Its been acting like a Ford. (fix or repair daily) It has been in the car repair shop in 3 different states since Feb. I just took it back for the 8th time today. It has been very, very expensive but what do you do when you only have one car to rely on.
This past week I took it to my mechanic in Scottsdale, AZ because the check engine light kept coming back on. I have re-register it and have safety and emissions completed on it by May 21st. Plus I would like to sell it because its huge and a major gas guzzler.
My kind mechanic told me on Tuesday when I picked it up that he replaced the thermostat and he wasn't going to charge me for anything except the part. But then he surprised me even more when he said that he was not going to accept any money from me for a few weeks. He wanted me to drive it a few times and go through a few drive cycles to make sure the check engine light doesn't come back on.
Really?
Are you serious? I have NEVER had a mechanic say those words to me before. He told me that he really wanted to make sure that it was fixed and he knew that I would pay him back sometime in the future. I stood there awestruck. Thank you. Please know that I only have $16.00 in my account. I was so grateful. Thank you dear Father for sending me to an honest, kind mechanic.
Unfortunately, on my way home from the mechanic shop my check engine light came back on. I called and told him. He was just as frustrated as I was. This thorn in my side. What Toyota acts this way? Seriously.
His kindness and our Heavenly Father's mercy did not end when I drove away. The mechanic asked me to bring in back in for his buddy to check it out.
So today I dropped it off again. The mechanic told me that he had a friend who worked at the Toyota dealership that owed him some favors. He said that he would cash in those favors for me so that I could get the work done on the car that I needed. He also, isn't going to charge me for all this extra effort he is putting in.
Can you believe that? He told me that people have helped him out and that he really wants to help me out. Isn't service amazing? True, loving service does so much good. It softens hearts and makes the receiver want to give to others. I have had to be on the receiving end of service many times these past few months. It is very humbling. It has made me want to give so much more back.
I truly stand all amazed at the love our Savior has for us, for me, even with something as trivial as a vehicle.
Thank you Father. Thank you for another bite of that fruit which is precious and delicious. Another daily example of your love for your children.
No comments:
Post a Comment